Catching up on stuff I bookmarked from the ever awesome Tokyograph website and have finally gotten around to posting here.
- For the 1st Billboard Japan Music Awards, HY (an indie rock group from Okinawa) was awarded the Independent Artist of the Year 2009 and Yusuke (his grandfather is from Miyakojima) was awarded the New Artist of the Year 2009. (Link)
- “Actress and singer Aya Ueto (24) will star in the upcoming drama series “Zettai Reido ~Mikaiketsu Jiken Tokumei Sousa~,” playing a police detective for the first time. Fuji TV will broadcast the show on Tuesdays at 9:00pm, starting on April 13.” (Link)
- “The highly popular drama franchise ‘Trick’ is already getting a third movie on May 8 and a spinoff series starting on April 9, but it was revealed on Sunday that it is also getting a new 2-hour special episode, titled ‘Trick Shinsaku Special 2.'” The first season of “Trick” aired in 2000 and stars Yukie Nakama. (Link)
- “The recipients of the 2010 Space Shower Music Video Awards were announced on Monday. This year, the biggest winner was Namie Amuro, whose song “FAST CAR” (from the album “PAST < FUTURE”) picked up two awards: Best Video of the Year and Best Art Direction Video. […]” (Link)
- “Eriko Imai (26) of the pop group SPEED has been appointed as the new host of the long-running sign language program “NHK Minna no Shuwa,” which airs on Sundays at 7:00pm.” (Link)
- “Yukie Nakama (30) is taking on her first starring stage role since 2007, leading a play called “The Tempest.” The play is being directed by Yukihiko Tsutsumi, who was in charge of the “Trick” movies.” (Link)